We can’t resist the charm of a tiny house Christmas. These compact little gems have a way of making everything look cuter. There is more to their charm than just their sweet size, though. The tiny house movement is all about making the biggest impact in the smallest ways. Furniture is scaled down, and so is decor. The challenge and beauty of living in a small space is the simplicity.
Tiny house Christmas decorating is about much more than small or minimalist decorations. Understanding the basics of decorating a tiny house is a great place to start:
5 Tiny House Ideas You Can Use in Your Home
- Declutter – No matter the size, most homes contain more clutter than necessary.
- Use a Simple Color Palette – Decorating with just a few neutral colors can create a harmonious vibe in your home.
- Storage is Key! – Tiny houses are famous for clever storage solutions. Look for storage space under staircases and in built-in seating.
- Furnish Rooms According to Their Use – Tiny homes don’t have space to waste. Each space must be decorated for maximum functionality and, sometimes, dual use.
- Create Spaces You Love – Owning and decorating a tiny house is a labor of love. Your home can be a source of comfort when you consciously choose each item you bring into it.
- You can incorporate tiny house Christmas decorating ideas in your own home. Use these simple ideas and concepts that work at any time of the year.
Choose the Right Scale for Your Decorations
If you want to capture the simplicity of a tiny house Christmas, focusing on the size and scale of your decorations is key. Like choosing a sofa, your Christmas tree and other large decorations don’t have to fill the room. The extra space you create by sizing down your Christmas decor gives you more room for entertaining and just enjoying the holidays without clutter.
Use a Simple Christmas Decorating Color Scheme
Color is one of the easiest ways to simplify your decor. Most tiny house owners use a small color palette of two to three colors to make space feel larger and more open. Christmas decorating for a small space, or even just to create the illusion of more space in any size room, is not just about using less. The colors you choose can make a big (small) impact on your decorating space, too.
To achieve that tiny house design vibe at Christmas, choose one main color and one or two accent colors for your decorations. White, silver and gray are awesome colors for brightening up a small space and are perfect for Christmas decorating in a small home.
Steal This Tiny House Christmas Idea: Decorate in Unexpected Ways
We love the cleverness of a tiny house Christmas when tackling the challenge of decorating without a lot of floor space. This challenge inspires novel ways to display Christmas decorations that can be used in any home. If you’d like to preserve floor space, think about how you can create displays using walls, tables and even your ceiling to decorate in new ways.